Sharing the highest standards of clinical knowledge,
through training, mentorship and support.
Reach new heights in your career with a Professional Postgraduate Diploma
The Diploma in Clear Aligner Therapy course aims to teach the general dentist how to use clear aligner therapy as a tool to improve the treatment outcomes in all aspects of their general dental practice, including aesthetic, periodontal and restorative care.
Delivered in collaboration with the City of London Dental School and SAFE Orthodontics, this easy-to-follow 12-month blended, interactive learning program gives you all the clinical skills you need to achieve a best practice approach in your orthodontic care.
- Understand orthodontic anatomy and classification.
- Assess, diagnose and treatment plan the orthodontic patient suitable for Clear Aligner Therapy.
- Understand the biomechanical principles of tooth movement.
- Be able to interpret clinical imagery in orthodontic alignment
- Understand the treatment process of clear aligner therapy and materials used.
- Know the components of the Clear Aligner as an orthodontic appliance
- Appreciate different treatment protocols for different malocclusions.
- Know how to use computer-assisted technology when planning orthodontic alignment.
- Utilise the learning outcomes above to create a portfolio of clinical cases.
- Mentorship will be provided for case assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, active treatment, finishing and retention.
High-level orthodontic theory, methodology and standardised protocols of the SAFE Orthodontics system through self-guided learning, online material, live/recorded webinars and one-to-one online mentoring on your own cases.
A 5-day residential with extensive workshops on occlusion, assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, ethical sales, consent and ClinCheck, through integrations, skills labs, Q&A sessions, thought-share elements and one-to-one online mentoring on your own cases.
A 2-day residential including a MCQ final examination and student progress presentations to demonstrate successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma Examination, with final one-to-one online mentoring.
Join the fastest-growing, industry-specific peer-to-peer academy developed for dentists, by dentists.
When you become a member of the Aligner Dental Academy you are demonstrating your commitment to continually developing your knowledge and skills in order to offer your patients optimum care and results.