To start you could book 30 minutes for a case’s first fit appointment until you are comfortable with the process. Here are some suggestions for what to include during the appointment.
- Ensure the patient has seen the Clincheck and signed all consent forms. We generally advise this is completed at an earlier appointment before the Clincheck is approved and aligners ordered.
- Pre-fill the attachment template with composite or ask your nurse to do so.
- Take as many pre-treatment photos as needed because this is your last chance before the aligners are fit! The before and after photos will be a huge help to growing your patient base.
- Fit the attachments as per our previous article.
- Complete any IPR due before aligner 2.
- Give the patient Aligner 1 and 2, and advise them to change two weekly.
- Show the patient how to insert and remove their first aligner – this can take some getting used to.
- Give post-op written and verbal instructions.
Article by Lisa O’Dwyer, Clinical Executive at Aligner Dental Academy